What do you think about psychiatric liaison services at your local hospital?
The NHS in Dorset is currently reviewing psychiatric liaison services. As part of that process, the views and experiences of people who use and provide these services are key.
We would like you to talk to us about how things are for you and any ideas about how they can be better.
What is a Psychiatric Liaison service?
Psychiatric liaison services provide mental health support in general hospitals for people who appear to have mental health concerns. They are provided in emergency departments (ED) acute admission wards and general wards.
The services in Dorset are provided by Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust and provided from:
- The Royal Bournemouth Hospital
- Poole Hospital
- Dorset County Hospital
- To develop services that reflect the needs of our population
- To ensure that access to psychiatric liaison is timely and services provided are effective
- To improve holistic care
- To have services that are sustainable and designed to ensure that people using them get good outcomes
- To ensure that our services are delivered in the best possible way